- Professional Library
The following new resources are available to borrow. Materials in the professional library are available for all LPS employees to borrow. Go to follett.lawtonps.org to check out our entire inventory.
Links to LPS Follett.
- Helpful Links
Links back to LPS sites.
- PDC Map
Quick map of where the PDC is located.
- Cheryl Monts
- Patty Hill
- Diane Denham
Video Conference Center
School support services include technical assistance to schools in school improvement or schools in school wide planning. Assistance may include school support teams, consultants, or professional development opportunities.
Helping Disadvantaged Children Meet High Standards
Administers funds from the U.S. Department of Education to local educational agencies to provide compensatory education experiences for disadvantaged/at-risk youth.
The video conference system was design to serve the emerging needs of education today. Two-way audio and video communication among 10 sites is useful for professional development as well as technical assistance in the areas of reading and math for teachers working in Title I schools with a high concentration of students living in poverty.
This technology makes it possible for teachers in many locations across the state of Oklahoma to participate in the learning process by asking and answering questions and sharing results immediately and spontaneously. This technology reduces costly travel expenses and permits more efficient use of time bringing new cost savings to Oklahoma schools.
Video conferencing creates countless opportunities for sharing resources that are available for Title I student learning, and as a direct result is helping shape the future of Oklahoma children.
Why Video Conferencing?
- A way to meet people from different parts of the state.
- Video conference in the technology we use to see and hear each other at the same time.
- Lets us meet at the conference room and have a meeting with full interactivity without having to think about the distance to the other partner.
- Video conference is used today by organizations who would like to increase productivity
- Increases availability and saves money.
- With the help from technology you can meet more often and it is easier to find a time that suits all participants.
- The equipment is, of course, the most modern from Tandberg and can offer you the best picture and sound quality.
- You can use your own PowerPoint presentations and document camera.